Every parent asks a question frequently about the travel car seat. Especially, this is a common question for new parents. Because they are concerned about the travel and the safety of their child. Traveling with kids is as much a problem as it is fun. In that case, you should use tricks.
During traveling, you want to make your little one safe and secure, but you don’t want to make your luggage big and bulky. You also don’t want a heavyweight travel car seat for your baby, because heavyweight is painful. So, everyone should look for a travel-friendly option.
This is the reason that we are here to make a travel-friendly option.
What Is a Travel-Friendly Car Seat?
There is no exact definition of a travel car seat. A travel-friendly car seat has many special features. A travel-friendly car seat must have some features.
- Compact design.
- Easy to carry.
- No shortage of storage.
- Premium material.
- Easy for air travel.
Those are the main thing we consider during purchasing a travel-friendly car seat.
Importance of A Travel Car Seat
A baby travel car seat is one of the best investments for your baby. The use of baby travel car seats has been made mandatory in the USA. This ensures the importance of a baby travel car seat. It ensures 100% security when your baby is on the road with you.
If your family always stays close to home, then a travel car seat may not necessary for you. But if you travel more, you need this. If you always hit on the road and travel by plane usually, then a travel car seat will make your traveling a lot easier.
The importance of a baby travel car seat is given below:
- It keeps your baby safe and secure.
- It makes the travel comfortable.
- It ensures comfort during traveling by plane and car.
- It reduces the risk of fatal injury by 71 percent for infants and 54 percent for toddlers.
Can You Bring A Travel Car Seat on the Plane?
Yes, you can bring a travel car seat on the plane. Some travel seats are specially made for air-traveling. All the car seats that are currently being made are suitable for traveling in cars and planes.
Every U.S. Airline permits you to examine a travel car seat free of charge once traveling with a baby. At the airport baggage counter, you’ll be able to check your seat or check it at your gate.
But you cannot use all the car seats on the plane. Most of the car seats are certified for airplane use, but all the travel seats are not certified for airplane use. Especially, you cannot use a booster seat in the plane. If you buy a combination travel car seat like Graco Snuglock 3-in-1 car seat, then it is okay to use on the plane.
When A Child Can Travel Without A Car Seat?
A child under 3 years must be in a baby car seat. Newborns or children under the age of three are very soft. So, during travel, it is necessary to ensure the complete security of young children. But there is a limit.
For children over 3 years of age, even if you don’t use a car seat, it won’t be a problem. In that range of age, your baby can sit in the back seat in your car with a seatbelt. But under 3 years, you must buy a travel car seat for your baby.
But I recommend using a booster seat for better security.
Travel Car Seat for 4 Years Old child
We are not as careful with Newborn or 2 or 3-year-olds as we are with 4 or 5-year-olds. Some parents keep their 4 or 5 years children in the back seat of the car instead of in a separate car seat. But for better security, they should use a travel car seat. In that case, the height and weight of a car seat should not more than 10 pounds.
The main things everybody is looking for before purchasing a travel car seat for 4 years old children-
- The seat must be easy to use.
- The seat should last at least 3 years.
- Lightweight, maximum 10-12 pounds.
- For long drives, the travel car seat should have some extra storage.
Portable travel car seats are a great choice for 4 years old children. Evenflo Sureride DLX, Evenflo Maestro Sport, Graco Tranzitions SnugLock, Cosco Finale DX are the best portable choices for your 4 years old child.
What You Should Look for in a Travel Car Seat?
A travel car seat is not a fun thing. It is an important baby item. You can go to the market and buy a low-quality travel car seat for your kid. But it is not acceptable. You must buy a premium travel car seat that ensures 100% security and safety when you are traveling by car and plane. Also, the seat should last at least 3 to 4 years minimum. So, there are some certain things you should keep in mind. When you are going to market or making an online order, you should check these things.
- Weight: More weight means more pain. Humans do not accept pain during travel. Carrying a heavy car seat cannot be a fun part of travel. It may ruin your vacation. So, try to choose the lightest car seat in your budget.
- Design: Everyone has their own opinion on the design. I love slim design. Because big and bulky travel seats are not easy to carry. So, choosing a slim and compact travel seat provides more benefits.
- Installation process: Travel car seat installation is a kind of hassle for users. You don’t want to waste 30 minutes installing a travel car seat. That’s why most parents like to use a portable travel car seat. But many car seats have a quick installation system at this time. You should try one of them.
- F-A-A approved: Your selected travel car seat must be F-A-A approved. If there is no certification in the seat you have purchased, then your entire money will be wasted. For airplane travel, this certification is very important. “Certified for use in motor vehicles and aircraft”, should be included in your travel car seat.
- Storage: Extra storage is very necessary for many. It helps your baby to drink water during travel. They don’t need to ask you for water when you are driving a car or sleeping on a plane.
Travelling is complicated with a baby or toddler. A premium and handy travel car seat can reduce this hassle a lot and ensure safety. And there is no alternative to a travel car seat if you have a baby with you on the journey. Because it is a matter of safety and as a citizen, you cannot break the safety rules.