“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases”
The car seat is the most important things that ensure the safety of your baby when you are on the road. Traveling by a big baby car seat and stroller is really troublesome, when you are already struggling with the diaper bag, feeding bottles and other gears. In this circumstance, toddler travel car seats can a lifesaving solution.
During the travel season, people love to visit many places, including families with small children. That includes flying somewhere. Since so many car seats are heavy and bulky, it makes sense in some cases to invest in a travel child car seat for traveling. And, this spares you the hassle of re-installing your main car seat when you get back to your own car, weary from traveling.
The Importance of Having A Toddler Travel Car Seat
When you are traveling by car, airplane or maybe train with your baby, toddler travel car seat is a must element that you should carry for both you and your baby comfort. Traveling is really exciting. It also creates many troubles for you. And this struggle becomes twice with a heavy baby car seat.
These car seats are really heavy for carrying. That’s why portable toddler car seat for travel is the best way to save your overwhelming quality traveling time with your baby. Here are some reasons why Toddler travel car seat is important.
Reducing the risk of car crashes
A travel system allows parents to easily transport the baby whether they’re driving or walking. Toddler car seat travel systems can often be used throughout the infant and toddler years. But it’s an irony that most of the parents are known in the third world who do not use toddler travel car seats for kids. Sometimes parents either believe it is too much of an investment or they think of it is irrelevant as who wants to sit in a car seat as opposed to parent’s lap or on his own.
Moreover, some parents don’t want to spend money on traveling toddler car seat travel accessory. They think traveling is a matter of time being. They will manage it somehow. With this mentality, parents ignore to carry travel child car seat. And, this is not the story of the countries of the third world, it happens also in the first world countries like in the United States of America.
Many parents still ignore the fact of a toddler travel car seat. In a discussion of proving their idea wrong, we are going put light on some major issues. Let’s start with some facts first. More than a third of children under age 13 who died in passenger transportation collisions were not in car seats or wearing seat belts.
Air travel with the toddler car seat is more crucial than other toddler car seat travel system. When you are the middle of the air you need to take extra care of your baby. Whether the journey is national or international travel with toddler car seat always reduce the accident risk. In fact, proper use of toddler travel car seat minimizes the chance of fatal injury by 71 percent for infants and 54 percent for toddlers.
Just imagine traveling with the baby and big car seat with the stroller. Mother often faces difficulty with crying babies, diaper bag and many more things. At the airport, this scene can be quite disturbing. Undoubtedly, air travel with the toddler car seat is real trouble. In this case, a toddler car seat travel bag can give you proper satisfaction.
Toddler car seat travel bag can be a handy solution for your all problems. It carries toddler travel car seat and other things like toddler car seat cover for travel and travel pillow for the toddler car seat. Car cover saves car seat from the air duct and helps to keep the car seat clean. Additionally, pillow increases the comfort level of your baby. And one more thing I want to assure you that you are definitely going to love toddler car seat travel tray. This tray is surely going to prove a handy tool. It saves you from a cleaning job. It saves you from some extra mess.
Which One is The Best Match of Your Child?
Parents who have to travel a lot often ask a few questions. Which car seat is the best to travel with and how to travel by toddler car seat? The installation method is Similarly like the car seats used particularly at home, the best toddler travel car seat is the one caregiver can be installed and use suitably whenever you need.
Great features for toddler travel car seat system can be a light different than car seats usually used in the home. Thus, we’ve selected a few important points to keep in mind:
- The weight of travel child cars seat.
- Your baby’s comfort with toddler travel car seat.
- Many comfortable features like car seat travel pillow toddler.
- You should also check the government crash ratings.
- Check the belt open and off system of the car seat.
- Check toddler travel car seat’s stability. How long you can use it is a very important question to ask yourselves.
- You also need to ensure that the ability of car seat carrying weight. How much load is this car seat can afford? A significant question that needs to be answered.
How Do You Choose A Car Seat for Baby?
You always purchase many necessary elements for your child. Among them, a car seat is one of the most important elements. To maintain safe and comfort of your child, you won’t need only one car seat but also more than one seat because your baby is growing up.
This guide will assist you to pick the best style and model with expert knowledge for your child.
- Whether you have a newborn a toddler or a school-aged child, you should consider three most important things when you are going to select the right car seat. Those important things are your child’s age, weight and height.
- Baby Seat Timeline
- If your child age is between 0 to 2 years, you have to choose Rear-facing Infant Car Seat.
- When your child age is between 1 to 4 years, you can choose Convertible Rear facing Car Seat. If he or she is 1 years old then, I will recommend you to use only rear-facing car seat.
- You should choose Convertible Forward-facing car seat, when your child age is between 4 to 10 years. For better safety, we recommend to use convertible forward facing seat between 2 to 6 years.
- If your child age is between 6 to 12, you can choose Belt Positioning Booster Car Seat. Most of the experts recommend, for using Belt Positioning Booster, your child age should be 6 to 10 years old.
This baby seat timeline will help you to figure out which type of style and seat direction is a perfect match for your child.
- You can purchase your child’s seat from a department store, baby store or online stores. Before purchasing, make sure it takes return.
- Some retailers will allow you to try the baby car seat in your car before purchasing. That point is really great. Because I found that every seat does not fit well in every car.
- Every child seat and every vehicle seat have not same dimensions. There is a slight variation between them. If I try to give a small detail, you will understand it easily. The different angles and dimensions of the car cushions or placement of the seat belt buckle can make it difficult to get a secure car seat installation. To evaluate the potential for each seat to be correctly installed, you should put the seat in the possible locations and directions in your car.
Rear-facing Infant Car Seat
It’s known as a newborn baby car seat. It should be the first car seat which you will buy for your child. Rear-facing car seats have a base that can be installed in your car and there is also a removable carrier. The removable carrier will allow you to move your baby in and out of the car. You can easily do that without disturbing your baby.
Rear-facing Infant car seats have weight limits maximum between 22 and 35 pounds, and most of them have the height limits of 32 inches or less. The cost of infant car seats can range between 60 to 300 dollars.
Convertible Car Seat
When your child outgrows their infant seat, you should choose a convertible car seat for your child. This is the next step of infant car seat. You can position this seat both rear and forward-facing whatever you want. Their harness system is similar to infant car seats, but the limit of rear-facing weight and height is higher than infant car seats. That means toddlers can stay rear-facing longer. The Centers of Disease Control and the American Academy of Pediatrics recommend that it is always being the safest option.
Since convertible seat can be used as forward-facing also, so when your child meets all the requirements of age, weight and height for forward-facing, a convertible seat can be turned around. You can install it in the forward-facing direction. When your child will be ready for booster then use a booster seat. Till then you can use your convertible car seat as a forward-facing car seat. The cost convertible car seats range from 40 to 450 dollars.
All-In-One Car Seat
There is another kind of seat called all-in-ones. You can use this seat from birth to booster which makes them tempting in terms of value. But I don’t recommend buying this one. Because I think it cannot do any one task especially well, whether different car seats can give you better results. If you like to buy all-in-one seat, it will cost minimum hundred and maximum 330 dollars.
Booster Car Seats
Booster car seat has no seat belt. It uses cars own seat belt system. When your child reaches the weight and height limit of their harness system, it’s time to give a booster seat to the baby. Booster seats come in two main styles. One is high back and another one is backless.
If you choose backless, it will be very easy for transportation. But I recommend high back because they always provide better position for the baby shoulders and they ensure better side impact protection. Booster car seat range in price are not same for backless and high back. You can get backless versions between 13 dollars. High back version is more expensive. You need to pay around 300 dollars for this booster.
Parents make many major decisions during their 18+ years of child rearing. Finding the best toddler car seat for an infant or toddler is one of those decisions. Nowadays, many companies are considering parents’ concern and trying to make the best toddler car seat for air travel and it is not only best for air travel. It is equally great for other ways of traveling. You can count on them. These toddler travel car seats are affordable and best.
Last but not least, parents are the savior their children. But, sometimes lacking of proper information can mislead you. This content has been created to give you the proper guidelines about toddler travel car seat. After that, you can ensure the ultimate safety of your baby in every situation.