Car seat review is pretty much a challenging task. It needs so much research and much testing. And it takes a lot of time to do so much. Moreover, there are hundreds of car seats in the market. So, it is pretty tricky to find a suitable product among hundreds of baby car seats. Through our research, we have found a couple of good products. The Graco Nautilus SnugLock Lx 3-in-1 harness booster is one of them.
Graco is the most popular baby car seat manufacturer worldwide. A trusted brand is important enough to choose a good quality baby car seat. People are always eager to buy Graco’s baby car seats. Here is an excellent deal for you the Graco Nautilus SnugLock LX, one of the best baby car seats in the market. Without further talking, let’s get into the central review.
Table of Contents
Why Purchase Nautilus SnugLock LX?
Officially, it is called a combination car seat. However, many caregivers put it in the Harness to Booster category. Simply, this seat combines three categories. It is a forward-facing harness booster seat that is converted into a high-back booster mode. It can also be converted to backless booster mode.
It transitions into three different modes to adjust your kid accurately. Because of the trio modes, many refer to it as three in one booster seat. Several car seats perform better for families. As an experienced reviewer, we can assure you that Graco Nautilus SnugLock LX is a good one among them. We find this helpful because it comes with an excellent transition feature for your little kid.
The Nautilus Snuglock LX is a great option for smaller to bigger kids. The safety features, snug look installation technology, three converting modes, and comfort all together offer a value-for-money booster seat under 200$. If you don’t have more money to spend, this one seat lasts until your baby grows completely.
Graco always shows you a couple of good options for your kid. Graco is one of the most trusted brands of baby products. It has been manufacturing child safe products for us for over 60 years. This brand takes care of your child’s safety and comfort.
It is the first combination car seat introduced by Graco that combines three separate categories. It is always better than any other Combination baby car seat in terms of features. Graco Nautilus SnugLock LX 3 in 1 harness booster car seat is not the best seat in the market. But it has some of the best features, like the SnugLock installation system. It comes with some aggressive technologies. On the non-tech ground, it takes the lead easily.
|Nautilus SnugLock 3-in-1
|Car Seat Type
|3-in-1 Harness to Backless Booster Car Seat
|5-point harness booster
|20.94 x 12.32 x 39.65 inches
Things We Like
- It permits all safety requirements.
- It provides a Fabric seat cover that is machine washable.
- It offers a slim design. An adult person can sit comfortably in the middle of two seats.
- It offers user-friendly features.
- SnugLock technology simplifies the installation process.
- It includes removable armrests and dual cup holder.
- It provides ten years of extended life span.
- It comes with three different seat mode that adjusts in height and weight until the kid grows completely.
Things We Don’t Like
- Adjusting the harness buckle is tough. It needs regular practice.
- Heavier than the competitors.
- Not applicable for aircraft.
Graco Nautilus SnugLock LX 3-in-1 booster car seat is made with polyester material. Polyester is a man-made fiber. High-quality polyester is resilient and a good deal for long-term use. Plastic or steel materials are seen to have cheap quality, and the color fades very quickly. Good quality plastics cannot maintain color for many days.
In that case, making the seat with polyester material is a wise decision of the company. This seat can support your child from 9 to 10 years straight. High-quality polyester material holds its shape correctly and doesn’t shrink in the long run.
The Graco Nautilus SnugLock LX comes with standard polyester material, which is quite good. It is not lagging in terms of durability with the material. The booster seat includes a steel-reinforced solid frame. The frame provides strength and makes the car seat more durable.
Moreover, this booster seat passes all the crash tests and meets all the USA and Canada safety standards for vehicle use.
Three Transition Modes
Nautilus Snuglock LX car seat has three different modes. For parents who do not want to change their child’s seat frequently, such a good option is rarely available in the market. You don’t need to trust our words. After watching the Snuglock LX Review on Amazon, you will agree to it yourself.
If you can maintain this seat properly, it will be considered the last baby seat of your family. As a booster seat, it works perfectly and provides proper adjustment in all three modes. It can be converted into five-point harness booster seat mode, highback booster mode, and backless booster mode. It keeps your baby secure in all three transitions. It is a great convertible booster seat.
|High back Booster
|Slimmer Backless Booster
The Nautilus Snuglock LX is the latest version of the Graco – Nautilus series. The previous version has an okay-type harness adjuster. That was good to adjust without any problem. But the harness adjuster of the latest Snuglock LX feels smoother than the older version. You will feel butter smooth experience.
The Updated Snuglock LX has four recline positions. The company claims that the recline settings are improved than the previous version. During every long ride, it gives kids more comfort and provides a proper fitting in certain vehicles.
This updated recline feature also helps to ease the installation process. A common problem for many parents is that they have faced when installing car seats on the vehicle. Thanks to four recline positions and advanced Snuglock Technology to make the hassle-free installation.
Safety is the number one concern of every parent for kids. The same thinking applies to Graco. Their main priority is safety because kids use their seats daily. There are some approved standards from the government regarding the safety of car seats. While manufacturing their seats, Graco designs their products so that the seat can implement every safety condition given by the government. They have made many extra steps to test their seats to ensure proper safety on the ride.
- The Nautilus SnugLock LX includes the latest Snuglock technology that ensures proper installation with a click sound.
- The 5-point safety harness adjusts the system to ensure that your baby is properly secured and positioned as your child grows.
- A reinforced steel frame provides long-term support for daily use in terms of durability, strength, and safety.
Installation of Graco SnugLock LX 3-in-1
The installation is pretty straightforward. It may need some practice. It is possible to install the seat, with and without the latch. Let’s proceed with the steps.
- At first, remove the latch from the storage compartment.
- Then press the button of the buckle and create slack in the latch strap.
- Now push back the seat against the vehicle seat, ensuring 80% base is placed on the vehicle seat.
- Loosen the harness strap and undo chest clips and buckle strap.
Open The SnugLock Arm
- It is effortless to access the SnugLock panel. Open the SnugLock panel.
Attach The Latch
- Attach the latch anchor with the lower vehicle latch connector.
- Ensure the connectors are securely connected.
Lock The SnugLock Arm
- Press down the car seat and tighten the latch strap to remove the slack.
- Then lock the SnugLock arm and place the safe goods and body support.
- Next, extend the belt of the tether and attach it to the vehicle tether anchor.
- Tighten the tether strap and remove the slack.
Finally, you have completed the installation completely. It is time to check the seat secured perfectly or not. It is very easy to check. There are a few checklists. Ensure to cover all the checklist.
- Tightness: Try moving the booster seat. Use your full strength to move. The seat should not move more than one inch at the belt path.
- Proper harness height: The top of the harness strap should equal or be above the kid’s shoulder. That ensures that the harness is in the correct position.
- Pinch test: A pinch test is essential to ensure comfort. If the shoulder strap is too tight, it may trouble your kid.
- Proper chest clip placement: Make sure the chest clip is at your child’s armpit level. Proper clip placement ensures adequate safety.
After installation, approve these four checklists first. Thus ensure a successful installation.
Dual Cup Holders
It includes dual built-in cup holders. It comes in handy for every kid during the ride. The biggest feature of a cup holder is that you can remove it. That means if you feel uneasy with it, you can remove it. Some parents feel disturbed by the cup holder when installing the seat. The seat offers the option to remove it during installing.
The removable feature also helps to create a wider seating area. But the cup holders have been placed in front of the armrest. So, your kid might feel uncomfortable if you remove the cup holder. We should inform you another thing. You can remove the cup holder in high back and backless booster mode. You should not remove it in the regular belt-positioning booster mode.
Tricky Places of Graco Nautilus
There is some additional information everyone must know about the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 car seat. These were the issues we had trouble finding when we went to test this seat. These were the issues we had trouble finding when we went to try this seat. Here is the information so that you do not get into trouble.
- Graco Nautilus is approved for air travel. So, you don’t need to search the certification label. Everything is written in red color on the bottom of the seat.
- The expiry date of the model is also written on the bottom.
- You will find the convenient lower anchor storage at the back of the car seat.
- The manual storage comes in handy sometimes; You will get it under the backrest pad.
How Long is the Graco Nautilus good for?
Ans. It is good to say that Graco Nautilus SnugLock LX serves your kid until he grows appropriately. You don’t need to think about expiration since this product has ten years of expiration.
Are SnugLocks worth it?
Ans. SnugLock technology is worth every Graco car seat. It eases the installation process.
How wide is the Graco Nautilus?
Ans. OK; frankly, Graco Nautilus is ide little bit. You will face difficulty with three-across scenarios.
We love the features of the new Graco Nautilus Snuglock LX booster seat. It is a solid and versatile booster seat that comes with three different modes. The latest SnugLock technology allows making accurate installation quickly. The armless booster seat mode is a convenient option for bigger kids.
We can suggest this seat for those looking for a booster seat for a long time or those who have wanted a last booster seat for the family with easy installation and removable fabric. This in-depth Graco Nautilus SnugLock Lx 3-in-1 harness booster review will help you to make your decision. But if you are interested in a Graco Infant car seat, then Graco Nautilus LX is not for you.