Car seats and carrycots are likely the most significant buying in terms of safety for your baby. Because who does not want to make sure that their children are safe when they are on road. You can find many brands of the car seat in the market. These companies offer you a huge variety of designs and sizes of car seat ensuring the ultimate comfort and safety for your children. When it comes to a baby car seat, there arises a question, how to install a baby car seat. A baby car seat is not going to give 100% protection to your baby if you can’t install it properly. So, at the end of the day, you are the one who can give your baby the ultimate protection. So, here is the answer you need to know.
Things you need to know
After buying a car seat the first question comes in your mind is How to install a baby car seat? Often parents try to guess and try to do this sensitive job on the basis of a mere speculation. So, parents don’t waste time on guessing. Read the instruction completely then make an attempt.
Choose the right car seat
Choosing the right car seat is the primary step you need to follow. Choosing the right car seat for the baby can sometimes be confusing. But you can follow some guidelines.
- Rear-facing car seat for an infant:
- The rear-facing car seat is suitable for children under 1-year-old.
- It is specially designed to protect a child’s neck and spine in a crash. This car seat has a harness strap and a cradle to ensure the safety of the baby.
- Child rear-facing car seat:
- This type of car seat is best suited for toddler aged between 1 and 3 years.
- The specialty of this car seat is, it Keeps the car seat in a rear-facing position until the child has reached the seat manufacturer recommended maximum height or weight.
- The front-facing car seat:
- This type of car seat is suitable for 4 to 7 years old children. It’s also best for children under 4 years old who have outgrown their maximum height and weight given by the seat manufacturer company.
- It has a standard seatbelt than others types of the car seat. It has fastened harness strap system.
- The Booster seat:
- It actually designed for the older children. Children 8 to 12 years old can use it without any complaint.
- The booster seat specially designed to add extra height so the car’s seat belt fits your child properly.
Steps you need to follow
These various types of car seat have a different installation method. Some have a common stereotype.
Guideline for how to install a baby car seat
How to install the rear-facing car seat
Car Seats for newborns typically are made with a base. The base stays in the car, and the movable seat helps you transport your baby comfortably.
So, here are the guidelines for how to install the baby car seat rear-facing.
- The first thing you have to do is reading your car seat’s instruction manual. Reading car seat manual is not good enough you have to also read your vehicle’s manual. Every baby car seat and vehicle is different. So; please pay close attention to the information about vehicles seat belt system and also the instruction of how to install the baby car seat with seatbelt.
- Place the baby car seat in the back seat of your car. And also make sure it is rear-facing.
- Now carefully thread the seat belt through the rear-facing belt path.
- Buckle your car’s seat belt.
- Lock the seat belt.
- Now the press down gently on the car seat and tighten it.
- Be careful about the correct recline angle of the seat belt.
- Last but not least; adjust your baby properly in the seat.
You can also have a question in mind how to install baby car seat front-facing. Both have common guidelines. But one thing you need to know, Child in the Rear-facing seat is 5 times safer than the child on the front-facing.
Baby car seat with a base or without base
We often have a question in our mind can we install the baby car seat without base?
So, here is the answer of how to install baby car seat without base
Every baby car seat is made with a base. Installing baby car seat without base is not optimal. Using base is very primitive for child’s safety. But it not always possible, especially when you are traveling. You need to install the baby car seat on the airplane or cab. Not every car seat is suitable for installation without base. First, you should read the car seat manual properly.
- Make sure the car seat is rear-facing. Car seat of infants should never be front-facing or sideways.
- Route the lap belt part of the car seat belt under the belt guides and buckle it.
- The level line of car seat and the ground line are the same. You can also place a rolled towel underneath the car seat for extra security.
- Tighten the belt as much as possible by pulling on the shoulder section until it locks.
- Push the car seat into vehicle seat and seat back with your arms and tighten the seat belt even further.
- Now double check everything. Tighten the belt until it’s secure and stable. Make sure the car seat couldn’t rock more than one inch back and forth or side to side.
But installing a car seat without base is not a wise decision. You should avoid it as much as possible. If you really need to install a car seat without base you can go for graco car seat.
Graco booster car seats are designed to ensure child’s safety and comfort. It is specially designed to carry the baby to the back seat of a car or van.it is similar like a baby car seat but only the difference is it doesn’t use the harness strap rather it uses one of car’s own seat belt. It can be used as baby care seat without base or for the children who are big enough for the baby car seat but not enough for using car seat belt.
Here is the quick guideline of how to install Graco car seat
- Place the booster seat in the vehicle’s back seat, next to one of the shoulder-and-lap safety straps. If you want you can remove the back support by pushing it forward until it disengages from the booster seat. Once you have removed the support, insert the shoulder-belt positioning strap through the seat’s rear guide and use the attached loop to secure it in place.
- Push the booster seat against the back seat as far as possible. Place your child into the booster seat, then pull the safety strap over the seat and child.
- Pass the sections of the strap underneath the armrests, and then insert the end of the strap into the safety buckle.
- With back support the position the shoulder strap over your child’s shoulder. Slide the strap into the guide on the seat’s headrest. You can also do it without back support. For this, you have to Grip the clip attached to the shoulder-belt positioning strap. Lift the clip up to the top of the child’s shoulders.
- Make sure your child leans forward, then grip the handle located on the rear of the back support. Now push the red adjustment button to detached the back support lock
- Now position the bottom edge of the headrest next to the child’s shoulders. Release the red adjustment button to engage the back support lock.
These are a few steps you can follow for car seat installation.